Dallas County Council Schedule:
September 11 – 7 pm
AGENDA DUE 9/6/17 to email@example.com
MINUTES DUE 9/18/17 to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 6 – 7 pm
AGENDA DUE 11/1/17 to email@example.com
MINUTES DUE 11/13/17 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas County Council officers 2017-2018:
*first meeting of new officers 9/11/17
Purpose: To provide an opportunity for youth to develop citizenship, leadership and life skill competencies by becoming involved in county, district, state, national and international activities.
County 4-H Council Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Identify training needs and provide training for youth
2. Provide leadership opportunities for youth
3. Plan County wide community service project or support “one day 4-H”
4. Support National 4-H Week
5. Assist in planning, promoting and implementing of programs and services for youth.
6. Plan and participate in community service activities
7. Study problems, activities and concerns of youth, especially issues
Council Delegates represent the interests of members: • From 4-H clubs to County 4-H Council • From County 4-H Council to District 4-H Council • On joint committees with County 4-H Leaders Association • On the County Youth Board
Council delegates gain knowledge and skills in: • Democratic parliamentary procedures. • Working cooperatively in groups. • Personal relations with others. • Representing the interests of others. • Solving problems. • Accepting responsibility. • Youth Volunteering their Services
Council delegates volunteer time and effort to: • Explain and promote the 4-H program. • Help raise funds to support program activities. • Conduct 4-H activities. • Help others.