**This county contest has been cancelled. TBD date for Ag ID Training**
Teams will consist of 3 to 4 members of the same age division. There will be three age divisions: Junior, Intermediate, and Senior.
- 20 Texas agricultural products are selected from the attached Texas Agriculture Products List and exhibited at separate stations.
- Contestants select the correct identification of each product from four possible answers.
- Each station also has one multiple choice question pertaining to the product on display.
- Questions are general to the industry that produced the product, (i.e. Texas’ national ranking, economic impact to Texas, general nutritional content, region of production) or specific to the individual product that is on display (i.e. cooking method, use, growing season, specific nutrition of the cut or variety).
- Contestants are given 40 seconds at each station to answer both questions.
- Contestants must advance from one exhibit to the next when instructed to do so.
- Contestants must evaluate each exhibit in sequence and will not be allowed to return to any exhibit after advancing.
- The contest will be open for all youth and adults present to walk-through the exhibits following the completion of the contest.
Resources can be found here: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Ag-Product-ID-Information.pdf
Brazoria County created a fun study guide, which can be found here: https://agrilife.org/brazoria4h/projects/food-nutrition-opportunities/agproductid/